Just the two of us!

Just the two of us!
At the World of Coca-Cola!

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Showing NHL who's the boss!

This has been one heck of a round of chemotherapy.  I'm starting my 3rd week today and they have uped my dosage from 15mg to 40mg. This has been the original plan, so all is going accordingly. 

I keep thinking that I'm the one in control of this situation, but yesterday I was shown that I am not. 

I signed up to run a 7k run for June 21st with my good friend Lisa at the beginning of the month. So after being told a new round of treatment would start June 9th I was faced with a difficult decision, run or forgo $30. After a long discussion with Adam, I planned on running the race with intervals & at a slow pace. 

I finished the run in 1:03:19, a very slow pace, but I felt so accomplished. Later that night I didn't fare too well. I got serverly ill, called the nurses line and the oncologist was conferenced in. I was put on bed rest for 12 hours and told to call back to check in. It got better throughout the night but sleep didn't come easily. 

I was able to get up, get dressed and make it to my second job today. I feel like a MAC truck has hit me and backed up to secure the job, but I'm out & about. 

Moral of the story.....Cancer sucks and I'm not the boss. I'm a mere player in the game trying to win. 

~Vikki

No comments:

Post a Comment